Friends of the Brookfield Library
Shop with Amazon and donate to the Friends of the Library
Amazon Smile will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to the Friends of the Library. Simply choose "Village of Brookfield Friends of the Library" from the list of charitable organizations and shop! Use your existing Amazon account or create a new one.
Join the Friends
Help support the Library by joining the Friends of the Brookfield Public Library. The Friends of the Library (FOL) are members of the community who love our Library. The FOL give physical and financial support to the Library through fundraising and outreach activities. The Friends meet at the Library on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. All meetings are open to both Friends and the public at large. For more information, email the Friends at email@example.com
Join the Friends now by filling out the form here and mailing it in with your membership dues. Welcome to the FOL!
- Jane Huber, President
- Jon Platt, Vice-President
- Sandra Baumgardner, Secretary
- Robert Akbarally, Treasurer
Friends of the Library Meeting Minutes
Who are the Friends?
The Friends of the Brookfield Public Library are members of the community who love our Library. The Brookfield FOL is a member of the nationwide support organization United for Libraries to benefit from ideas and resources of other FOL groups across the country.
What do they do?
Our mission is simple: to help the Library prosper and grow. We raise funds through membership dues, the Book Nook, semi-annual book sales and the Taste of Brookfield fundraiser event. All of the money we raise goes to the Library, and here are some recent examples.
- Helped to fund the purchase of the new hightop table and chairs in the Young Adult
- Provided funds for a DVD repair machine
- Provided funding for quilting supplies for the Quiltmakers group at the Library
- Helped to fund the new magazine racks in the Adult Services area, which showcase the Library's magazine collection.
- Funded a new shelving cart for the Library
When are the meetings?
The Friends meet at the Library on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7 pm. All meetings are open to both Friends and the public at large.
Who can join?
If you enjoy and appreciate the Brookfield Public Library, you are already a friend of the Library. And now is a good time to make it official and join the Brookfield FOL.
How can I join?
Stop by the Library's Check Out Desk to pick up a membership form. Or, download a membership application here, fill it out, and return it to the Library.
How can I help the Friends?
- Volunteer at FOL events like book sales, outreach events, and the Taste of Brookfield.
- Donate books & AV. The FOL always accept gently-used Books, DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks and Cassettes. If you cannot bring them to the Library yourself, call the Library at 708-485-6917 to coordinate a local pick-up.
- Shop online!
- The Friends of the Library created a Wish List on Amazon.com for anyone who would like to support the Library. Browse for items and consider a donation today.
How can I get more information on the Friends?
Attend one of our meetings, which are open to the public and held every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7 pm at the Library. Read our quarterly Friends newsletter online or pick up a copy at the Library. Feel free to contact us directly: leave your name and phone number at the Library's Information Desk; call the Library at (708) 485-6917; or send us an email in care of the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Friend will contact you to provide further information and answer any questions that you may have.